It is for scrapbooking. Anybody have any tutorials?
Open the image you want to process.
Check to see what the dimensions and resolution are.
Before you do anything to the image, open a new blank file.
Check the dimension and resolution of the new file.
- If they don't match your original, change them.
Fill the new file with any color you want for your background color.
Go back to your original file.
Choose the eliptical marquee tool.
Set the feather to 10-20 pixels.
Select an oval around your main subject.
Copy it with [CTRL]+[C].
Go back to the file with your background color.
Display the copied selection with [CTRL]+[V].
Merge the visible layers with [CTRL]+[SHIFT]+[E].
—[Stolen from another answer]—
1. Add a new blank layer to the image
2. Use the elliptical marquee tool to draw where you want the vignette.
3. Go to Select>Feather and enter the radius to make it fade. Use something like 20-30 to start, depending on the size of the image, but you can go as large as 250 if you want a very gradual fade.
4. Hit Shift+Ctrl+I or go to Select>Inverse
5. Go to Edit>Fill and fill with black or any other color.
6. Hit Ctrl+D to deselect.
Because it's on another layer, you can adjust the opacity of your vignette or add a layer mask to adjust it.
powered by Yahoo Answers